By Ben Frain
- Address the issues of CSS at scale, heading off the shortfalls of scaling CSS.
- The shortfalls of traditional methods to scaling CSS.
- Develop constant and enforceable selector naming conventions with ECSS.
- Learn the best way to manage undertaking constitution to extra simply isolate and decouple visible components.
Learn with me, Ben Frain, approximately easy methods to particularly take into consideration CSS and the way to take advantage of CSS for any dimension undertaking! i'm going to make it easier to write CSS that endures continuous new release, a number of authors, and but constantly produces predictable effects. Enduring CSS, sometimes called ECSS, provides you with a strong and confirmed method of authoring and retaining sort sheets at scale.
Enduring CSS isn't a ebook approximately writing CSS, as within the stuff contained in the curly braces. this can be a ebook displaying you the way to consider CSS, and be a wiser developer with that considering! it is concerning the company and structure of CSS—the components outdoors the braces. i'm going to assist you take into consideration the points of CSS improvement that turn into the main tricky a part of writing CSS in higher projects.
You'll find out about the issues of authoring CSS at scale—including specificity, the cascade and types intrinsically tied to record constitution. i'm going to introduce you to the ECSS method, and help you improve constant and enforceable selector naming conventions. we are going to conceal tips to practice ECSS for your net functions and visible version, and the way you could manage your undertaking constitution correctly, and deal with visible nation adjustments with ARIA, delivering larger accessibility concerns. moreover, we are going to take a deep investigate CSS tooling and method concerns. eventually we are going to tackle functionality concerns by way of interpreting issues similar to CSS selector velocity with difficult information and browser-representative insight.
What you are going to learn
- The difficulties of CSS at scale—specificity, the cascade and kinds intrinsically tied to aspect structure.
- The shortfalls of traditional methods to scaling CSS.
- The ECSS technique and the issues it solves.
- How to advance constant and enforceable selector naming conventions with ECSS.
- How to organise venture constitution to extra simply isolate and decouple visible components.
- How to address country adjustments within the DOM with ARIA or override selectors.
- How to use ECSS to internet purposes and visible modules.
- Considerations of CSS tooling and processing: Sass/PostCSS and linting.
- Addressing the inspiration of CSS selector velocity with not easy info and browser consultant insight
About the Author
Ben Frain, Senior Front-end Developer at bet365, is a broadly revered CSS developer and suggestion chief. Ben is the writer of 2 profitable and commonly revered books Responsive website design with HTML5 and CSS3 and Sass and Compass for Designers, either released by way of Packt Publishing. Ben lives in Cheshire, England together with his spouse and youngsters. you could keep on with him on Twitter at http://twitter.com/benfrain and at his web site (http://benfrain.com).
Table of Contents
- Writing types for speedily altering, Long-lived Projects
- The difficulties of CSS at Scale
- Implementing acquired Wisdom
- Introducing the ECSS Methodology
- File corporation and Naming Conventions
- Dealing with kingdom alterations in ECSS
- Applying ECSS for your web site or Application
- The Ten Commandments of Sane sort Sheets
- Tooling for an ECSS Approach
- CSS Selector Performance
- Browser Representatives on CSS Performance
Read or Download Enduring CSS PDF
Best web programming books
Successfully forecast, deal with, and keep an eye on software program around the whole undertaking lifecycle competently measurement, estimate, and administer software program tasks with real-world information from an specialist. absolutely up-to-date to hide the most recent instruments and methods, utilized software program size, 3rd variation info find out how to installation a cheap and pragmatic research process.
How do you rework person interface designs created in Photoshop or Illustrator into interactive web content? it truly is more straightforward than you're thinking that. This consultant exhibits you ways to exploit Adobe Flash Catalyst to create interactive UIs and site wireframes for wealthy net Applications—without writing a unmarried line of code.
Key FeaturesExplore the CSS documents constructions, upload the ideal methodologies, and get a last product with none code chaosMake your web pages quicker, extra responsive, and extra effective utilizing the minimal CSS codeDesign greater and extra smooth web content utilizing the hot positive factors of CSS3Book DescriptionCSS is the popular know-how to layout smooth web content.
Angular four ist im ersten offiziellen free up erschienen, die Stabilität der API ist gewährleistet und deswegen ist es an der Zeit, sich das Framework genauer anzuschauen. Anders als in vielen Fachbüchern üblich, möchte ich dich in diesem Buch nicht bemühen, erstmal hunderte Seiten Theorie zu studieren, bevor endlich ein kleines Beispiel programmiert wird.
- Beginning HTML5 Media: Make the most of the new video and audio standards for the Web
- PHP und MySQL: Der Web-Baukasten für Einsteiger und Individualisten (German Edition)
- HTML5 Advertising (Expert's Voice in Web Development)
- Beginning Scribus
- Pruebas de funcionalidades y optimización de páginas web. IFCD0110 (Spanish Edition)
- PHP Solutions: Dynamic Web Design Made Easy
Extra info for Enduring CSS
Enduring CSS by Ben Frain